Friday, October 7, 2011

Can I fit carnaval 2007 in Salvador into my vacation?

Hi,
Simple question - I have off from Feb 10-18, 2007 for vacation from work, and I've always wanted to go to Salvador for carnaval. It looks like the main part of carnaval/ Mardi Gras day is Feb 20. How much action would be going on from Feb 11-17 (I live in atlanta, and all the flights I can afford take about a day each way, so I'm giving myself a day for travel on either side). So my question is : is enough going on to make it worth the money, or should I go some other time when I get to spend more of actual carnaval in Brazil. I've already been to salvador twice, so I wouldn't be going just to visit the city.
Can I fit carnaval 2007 in Salvador into my vacation?
Depends what kind of experience you want. Brazilians joke that Carnaval in Salvador starts in December, and things really heat up the week before, so your dates would be fine. Of course, if you go during another time, it will be cheaper. It all depends on your budget and your priorities.
Can I fit carnaval 2007 in Salvador into my vacation?
i dont know but count me in !!
i dont know but count me in !!
I would save your money, or plan to go to somewhere else in the area, not focusing on carnaval. The action happens on the 20th and the next few days, rather than the days before that.

You could instead do a trip further north and do an Amazon tour that perhaps even takes you into Venezuela.

But my choice would be go to Argentina and you could spend the entire week in Buneos Aires. It is an amazing city and you will have fun. Check out my Best Answers and you can get some other ideas about things to do in Argentina and Brasil.

Have a great trip wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment